Sunday 15 August 2010

It's my birthday

It’s my birthday this week I will be 50 years old, according to most people it’s the big 50! I remember my mum telling me that inside she was only 25 and it was often a shock when she looked in the mirror to see this old lady looking back at her.


I have had a good almost 50 years, some lows and lots and lots of amazing highs and I am very happy with where my life is today, but 50. It seems so old and just like my mum I feel so much younger inside. I am not fishing for compliments because as I say to those who kindly say nice things, a classic being ‘you only look 40’ I have to point out I don’t even want to look 40, I really want to only be 25 (not too old, not too young).

I have been counting down my age each evening this last week on my Facebook page and the reason for this is that it will be the last times I can write a 40 something number in my age, and to be honest I have sort of missed this year. In fact this year as not been ‘I am 49’ but 'I’m 50 next', how sad am I, missing out on being 49 worrying about this next birthday for the whole year.

As I write this I am 49 years 11mths and 25 days old, my lovely husband Alan as just pointed out to me that I should not worry too much about numbers as in fact I have just coming to the end of my 50th year and I am now fast approaching my 51st year of life. Oh dear I just have to hope that my moisturising routine will have worked to keep the lines around my eyes at bay for at least a little while longer!

Beverley

No comments:

Post a Comment